Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sweet Boy Said WHA?

I got all purty the other day, since I was dropping off some candles to the boutique. Have I mentioned that? That I have a fancy-pants boutique that buys my candles? Yeah. That's right. So, anyway, I had to take the whole circus into the boutique and I wanted to look vaguely professional. I put on one of my favorite tops, a fitted red light cashmere sweater with 3/4 sleeves, my perfect pair of jeans and my "kick yer ass" boots. I'm usually in yoga pants and clogs or something, so the kids were all, "*Gasp!* WHAT'S HAPPENING?! WHERE'S MY MOM?!" And I had to quickly explain that no, we weren't going to the museum or to go shopping for new clothes, we were going to a very important place where Mommy does her business and work and they needed to keep their hands to themselves and not argue or fight or race or touch or do anything that would MAKE MAMA LOOK BAD OR I WILL WHOOP YOUR ASS....*pop* Sorry, that was my Xanax bottle again...

Anyway, I was explaining to them about the boutique and how we behave in places where there are lots of "pretties", and Thing 2 piped up, "Mom! I wike your red shirt! You wook so pwetty!" I stopped in my tracks and felt tears spring to my eyes (YES I get teary a lot with my kids I'll fight you in the back alley if you have something to say about it) and I responded, "You sweet boy! Thank you! What a kind thing to say! I like your blue shirt!"

And then he lifted up one neon-green-Croclet-enclad foot and grinned his Dr. Eeeeevil grin that means he's about to do something brilliant and turrible and said, "I STOMP IT OFF YOU!" and almost fell out of his carseat he was laughing so hard.

I love that kid.

0 comments: