Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Guess What I Got For Christmas?

A remodeling project! We've been living in a 3 bedroom, 1 bath 1942 ranch-style home for a little over 2 years now, and we love the place. It was almost completely redone when we moved in. The bathroom and kitchen were still in their original shape, and over the last 2 years, we have remodeled the kitchen, added on another room and enclosed part of the garage to make another 1/2 bath. I've been complaining about sharing my bathtub with two little grimy, squirmy mud-covered small people enough that The Huz finally gifted me with a brand-new tub, enlarged bathroom with two pedestal sinks and a new toilet. Sounds awesome, right? And bless his heart, the man tries. He really does. "Honey, we will start construction on Friday, and be done by Sunday night." Even I knew that was a lie, and I braced myself for a few weeks of disarray despite his insistance.

It's now Tuesday, we hosted a 4th birthday party for Sir H yesterday, and the bathroom is half-way completed. We finally have water again, but little did I know that in drawing up the floorplan for my new bathroom, in all its glory, he used the space that was my former hall closet, where I kept every cleaning tool, all my towels and other assorted odds and ends like gifts, wrapping paper, board games, puzzles, etc., and he also decided that it would be an awesome idea to use the closet space from our bedroom to make the bathroom bigger. Both closets. As in, our clothes have nowhere to hang. When asked for his idea about where our clothes will now hand, his creative solution was to buy an armoire and use it as a wardrobe. Great! Where the frick are we going to put it? And also, where the frick is it?

So, currently, my clothes are hanging in the laundry room, we've been living out of a suitcase sleeping at my parents' home, and my head is spinning around like Linda Whatserface from The Exorcist. So, just a piece of friendly advice. If you want me to remain a calm, civil human being, please don't ask me how my bathroom is looking, and aren't I so lucky to have such a handy husband who loves to work. Mmkay? Because I haven't slept in 3 days, seeing as a 4 year old and a 1 year old don't so much like to sleep in unfamiliar places, I haven't seen my husband since Wednesday, and I have no running water in my house. You'll get this response:

I'll let you know when it's safe to ask.

And I will share the beautiful day that was Sir H's fourth birthday when I can talk without using profanity every other word. It was gorgeous, and my boy is wonderful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!

Enjoying your blog...I found you through the MDC blogging mamas thread.

Happy New Year to you!

I have three boys, too! Thus, we share the sisterhood of cusses and smiles, no? ; )

Peace and love for 2008!
Salihah

The Leader Of This Crazy Clan said...

Oh I needed a good laugh before hitting the sack!! I thought there was still another closet in your bedroom ...... MEN!! OK but not the end of the world they make very nice rolling "closets". You could even do a closet/shelving unit on the BR wall that runs along the hall. But you are very entitled to your profanity right now!! Love ya!!

Danielle said...

Salihah - that is beautiful way of describing it! Thanks for checking in, I'll have to drop by your blog.

A - love you back, thanks for the encouragement. We're borrowing a rolling rack for the meantime and well...argh. It's getting better. He took today and tomorrow off to "finish". Yeah. Finish. Uh-huh.